Applications have closed for the August market. Applications for the September market close 5pm Sunday 13th August
Applications for a stall at Cobbitty Markets need to be completed on-line through this website, and an email address for correspondence is essential. The application process can be found by selecting the "On-line Application" option from the Stall Applications tab above. When submitted successfully, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received.
Applications will be reviewed at the monthly committee meeting, and a decision made if the product/s for sale are suitable. If your product is suitable but there are no sites available, you will be placed on a waiting list. The committee will then respond to your application. The Cobbitty Village Market Committee is made up solely of volunteers, and all members have many other commitments. Please remember to be patient if there is any delay in communication or correspondence, and that the Committee’s decision is final. Decisions are made in the best interest of the market as a whole.
We encourage those with interesting and unique hand-made products or goods to apply.
Before completing the application process, please read the following important points:
Please note we are currently not accepting applications for Candles and Jewellery
- Cobbitty Village markets are predominantly a craft market: produce offered for sale is ideally hand-made or produced by the stallholders, or of a unique or unusual style. Applications will not be accepted for commercially produced items available for purchase elsewhere.
- A variety of stallholders are desired to help ensure a good range of product is available for sale. No stallholder will have a monopoly on any one type of goods. If your item would be acceptable to sell at the market, however currently other stalls offer similar goods, you may be placed on a waiting list until a vacancy arises.
- If approval is given to a stallholder, any change in produce from that stated in the original approved application must be reapplied for, in writing, to the Committee before being offered for sale.
- Initial approval for the first 3 CONSECUTIVE months is on a provisional basis, at a higher stall rent. Assuming both parties are happy, a permanent position at lower stall rent is then offered. Permanent positions require stall rent to be paid each month the market operates, whether or not the stallholder attends. Casual stalls are at higher rent, and only available at the discretion of the Market Committee.
- SITE FEES are paid on the day of each market - correct change is requested to facilitate easy collection. New stallholders pay casual rates ($65.00 for standard 3 x 3m site) for the first THREE CONSECUTIVE markets, before being eligible for permanent rates ($45.00 for standard 3 x 3m site). As a permanent you are required to pay for every market, even if you can't attend.
- We aim to have a happy and relaxed, yet optimally organised and efficient market. We encourage input from stallholders to continually improve our market, but also ask that everyone is considerate of our volunteer Committee members, other stallholders, and all those involved with the market. The Committee reserve the right to withdraw approval for stalls at their discretion.